Connect with us

Politics

Georgia Man Charged in U.S. Capitol Attack Dies By Suicide: report

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 01 06 at 12.55.31 PM scaled

A Georgia man who faced charges in connection to last week’s attack on the U.S. Capitol has died by suicide, 11Alive reports.

Christopher Stanton Georgia, 53, reportedly shot himself at his home in Alpharetta, Ga. on Saturday. He was found with a gunshot wound to the chest and died by suicide, The Fulton County Medical Examiner said, according to reports.

Officers removed two rifles from Georgia’s home and has labeled the death as “under investigation.”

Georgia had been charged with “entering certain property, that is, the United States Capitol Grounds, against the will of the United States Capitol Police” past the set Washington D.C. curfew of 6 p.m. local time. He was arrested with three other men.

Georgia pleaded not guilty to charges in D.C. Superior Court on Thursday.

You may like

Continue Reading

Immigration

20 states suing Biden administration over migrant parole program

Published

on

GettyImages 1241204324 scaled

President Joe Biden has expanded a humanitarian parole program  leading to a significant increase of migrants entering the United States illegally each month. As a result, 20 states have geared up to sue the Biden administration.

Tuesday, 20 Republican states and conservative legal group America First Legal, announced their plans to sue the White House over the legality of the administration’s parole program. The program “allows up to 30,000 migrants from Haiti, Nicaragua, Cuba, and Venezuela into the homeland each month” reports Foreign Desk News.

Reports shoot the lawsuit was filed by Texas, the America First Legal and the other states in the Southern District of Texas in hopes to block the parole program.

Foreign Desk News reports of the history:

In October, the administration announced the program for Venezuelans, allowing a limited number to fly directly into the U.S. as long as they had not entered illegally, had a sponsor already, and passed certain checks. In early January, President Biden announced that the program would expand to include Haitians, Nicaraguans, and Cubans, allowing up to 30,000 a month into the U.S.

The program also allows migrants to receive work permits and a two-year authorization to live in the U.S. and was announced alongside an expansion of Title 42 expulsions to include those nationalities.

In the lawsuit, the plaintiffs argue that the program is unlawful given the “exceptionally limited” parole power the federal government has, adding that they have up to 360,000 migrants that could be allowed into the homeland a year.

The suit’s focus is on the limits placed on parole by Congress, saying that the authority is to be used on a “case-by-case basis for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit.”

“Every state in America, especially border states like Texas, is being crushed by the impacts of illegal immigration,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement to Fox News Digital.

“The Biden open borders agenda has created a humanitarian crisis that is increasing crime and violence in our streets, overwhelming local communities, and worsening the opioid crisis. This unlawful amnesty program, which will invite hundreds of thousands of aliens into the U.S. every year, will only make this immigration crisis drastically worse.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC