This story was first published by The Dark Wire Investigation Foundation
A man attempted an attack on a Jewish school in Marseille, France on Friday morning, The Jerusalem Post reported.
According to reports, the suspect was seen emerging from a vehicle near Yavne Jewish high school with a knife.
The attacker attempted to enter the school but was turned away by the Yavne School security. He then tried to stab Jewish shoppers at a kosher supermarket in the city, where he was once again prevented from entering.
The suspect was arrested by French police 10 minutes after the attempted attack.
A police spokesperson said no one was hurt in the incident and the man’s motives remain unclear.
French police immediately notified Jewish areas around the city to tighten security following the incident.
A witness told The Associated Press that the area where the attempted attack occurred is a gathering place for people in the local Jewish community.
“When the students get out of school they buy sandwiches here, buy meals for the sabbath, and a lot of parents from the school get their coffee and croissants there and drink it outside… He saw this gathering of people,” the witness told The AP.
Chairman of the Jewish Agency Isaac Herzog said the incident was “a warning bell for the anti-Semitism bubbling under the surface.”
“The attack in Marseille today is a red flag that should alert us to the antisemitism that is happening below the radar, and is simply waiting to break free once the movement restrictions of the pandemic come to an end,” Herzog warned, according to JPost.
“While the coronavirus has silenced the world in many ways, it has not silenced antisemitism, or the resulting danger for Jews,” Herzog said.
The city of Marseille has been a victim to previous antisemitic attacks.
In 2017, two Jewish women were stabbed to death at a train station and a man was attacked in 2016 outside of a synagogue.
Marseille saw several stabbing attacks targeting Jewish men in 2015-2016, in which five were injured, The Times of Israel noted.
Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy
You may like
The Guardian Removes Osama bin Laden’s “Letter to America” Amidst Viral Resurfacing
The Guardian, a left-wing media outlet, has taken down Osama bin Laden’s notorious “Letter to America” from its website this week after the words of the deceased terrorist mastermind, responsible for the attacks on September 11, 2001, gained traction on social media.
The letter, which had been published on The Guardian’s website since 2002, resurfaced online, causing a sudden spike in traffic. Social media users unearthed and shared the anti-American and antisemitic content, propelling the document to viral status. The Guardian, acknowledging the increased circulation without the full context, opted to remove the transcript.
According to reports from Fox News Digital, a spokesperson for The Guardian stated, “The transcript published on our website 20 years ago has been widely shared on social media without the full context. Therefore we have decided to take it down and direct readers to the news article that originally contextualized it instead.” The outlet declined to provide additional comments on the matter.
Osama bin Laden’s letter, translated into English, justified al-Qaeda’s attacks against the U.S. by citing American actions in Palestine. The deceased terrorist accused the U.S. of supporting the creation and continuation of Israel, labeling it one of the “greatest crimes” that must be erased. Bin Laden’s letter also propagated antisemitic tropes, claiming Jews control American policies, media, and the economy.
The 9/11 attacks, orchestrated by al-Qaeda, resulted in the deaths of nearly 3,000 people and left thousands more injured. The letter’s resurgence occurred as it was shared by social media influencers on platforms like TikTok, with some expressing a change in perspective. Pro-Palestinian activist Lynette Adkins was among those who shared the letter online, prompting discussions and reflections.
The Guardian’s decision to remove the letter from its website underscores the sensitivity surrounding the content and its potential impact, particularly as young individuals across America engage with pro-Palestinian talking points. The episode has sparked debates about the influence of social media in reshaping perceptions and the responsibility of media outlets in disseminating controversial historical documents.
You may like
Israel5 days ago
As More Evidence Shows Hamas War Crimes, Biden Administration Continues to Gaslight Israel
Elections4 days ago
Videotapes from Jan. 6 Committee Witness Interviews Vanish
National Security4 days ago
ISIS-Inspired Teen’s Sinister Plot Foiled: Lone Wolf Threat Neutralized in Las Vegas
Israel4 days ago
Menorah lightings canceled around the world as towns remove Jewish symbols over Hamas war