Connect with us

Nation

Former NBA Star Kwame Brown Defends Rittenhouse, Says People Paid to Push ‘Racist S**t’

Published

on

Eddie Basden #13 and Kwame Brown #54
Eddie Basden #13 and Kwame Brown #54

Former NBA superstar Kwame Brown, who is Black, defended the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in a video. “Looked like self-defense to me,” said Brown during an almost 30 minute live video Brown filmed on social media.

Rittenhouse was acquitted of all charges last week, and it was determined that the teenager acted in self-defense when he killed two individuals and shot a third after they were attacking him during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Multiple celebrities have publicly commented against Rittenhouse, saying the boy walked free because he was white. TV host Sunny Hostin said Rittenhouse “wouldn’t be alive now” if he was black.

Brown, however, the former first overall pick in the NBA draft, does not buy into the race blame game. “That to me, in my opinion, looked to me to be self-defense. The court found it to be self-defense” Brown told his fans.

Addressing race specifically, Brown added, “a bunch of people are getting paid to push this racist sh*t. That’s all it is.” Brown added that the entire Rittenhouse case was politicized by people who make a lot of money, even promoting racism, at the expense of the teenager.

Brown even felt sorry for the fact that the young boy went to prison at all. “The only bad thing is that he had to sit in jail for so long because they made something political that shouldn’t have been political.”

“If you’re gonna give the boy a gun charge, give him the damn gun charge or let the boy out. I’m sure a 17-year-old walking around with a shotgun would have been a misdemeanor which would have been probation. He could have been home eating fruit loops, or whatever the hell he eat.”

Brown continued “But instead of that, we want to tie it into something Black, we want to tie it into something bigger so we can have people come out and march and get checks off of little teenager’s back.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

50-Foot Christmas Tree Outside Fox News Set on Fire by 49yr Old Homeless Man

Published

on

Fox News Xmas Tree

Just before 12:15 am Wednesday morning, an arsonist set fire to the 50-foot tree in front of Fox News’ Midtown headquarters on 6th avenue. The suspect, a 49-year-old with three prior arrests, was quickly caught and taken into custody.

The man has two previous arrests for drug possession and one for public intoxication. The motive is unclear, and Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said detectives are looking into whether mental illness was a factor.

Christmas Tree

The suspect accused of setting the News Corp. Christmas tree on fire is taken into custody by the NYPD.

“The suspect is identified as 49-year-old Craig Tamanaha, who is homeless, with a last known address in Brooklyn” reports ABC 7 New York. Police said the suspect climbed up “the metal superstructure” underneath the artificial tree and lit papers he had brought with him on fire, then shoved the papers into the tree structure.

He then climbed down and watched from the street level as it burned, and he was spotted by building security who pointed the man out to police officers posted in nearby Rockefeller Center,” reports ABC.

A lighter was found in his possession, and he has been charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, arson, criminal nuisance, endangering others, criminal trespass, criminal tampering and disorderly conduct.

Fox says it will rebuild the tree, which took more than 21 hours to assemble and consisted of 10,000 glass ornaments and 100,000 lights.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending