Connect with us

Nation

Former NBA Star Kwame Brown Defends Rittenhouse, Says People Paid to Push ‘Racist S**t’

Published

on

Eddie Basden #13 and Kwame Brown #54
Eddie Basden #13 and Kwame Brown #54

Former NBA superstar Kwame Brown, who is Black, defended the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in a video. “Looked like self-defense to me,” said Brown during an almost 30 minute live video Brown filmed on social media.

Rittenhouse was acquitted of all charges last week, and it was determined that the teenager acted in self-defense when he killed two individuals and shot a third after they were attacking him during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Multiple celebrities have publicly commented against Rittenhouse, saying the boy walked free because he was white. TV host Sunny Hostin said Rittenhouse “wouldn’t be alive now” if he was black.

Brown, however, the former first overall pick in the NBA draft, does not buy into the race blame game. “That to me, in my opinion, looked to me to be self-defense. The court found it to be self-defense” Brown told his fans.

Addressing race specifically, Brown added, “a bunch of people are getting paid to push this racist sh*t. That’s all it is.” Brown added that the entire Rittenhouse case was politicized by people who make a lot of money, even promoting racism, at the expense of the teenager.

Brown even felt sorry for the fact that the young boy went to prison at all. “The only bad thing is that he had to sit in jail for so long because they made something political that shouldn’t have been political.”

“If you’re gonna give the boy a gun charge, give him the damn gun charge or let the boy out. I’m sure a 17-year-old walking around with a shotgun would have been a misdemeanor which would have been probation. He could have been home eating fruit loops, or whatever the hell he eat.”

Brown continued “But instead of that, we want to tie it into something Black, we want to tie it into something bigger so we can have people come out and march and get checks off of little teenager’s back.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Buys Entire Texas Town

‘No Plans Yet’, Cuban Says About His Purchase of Abandoned Texas Town of Mustang

Published

on

Mark Cuban
Photo by Katharine Lotze/Getty Images

Forget becoming Mayor of a town, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is now the owner of a town.  Cuban reportedly purchased the entire town of Mustang, Texas. The town is virtually abandoned with no current residents, “and it’s been several years since the last two businesses, Wispers Cabaret strip club and Lion’s Den adult bookstore, operated” reports NBC News.

In a brief email explaining the purchase to NBC News on Friday, Cuban wrote “did it to help out a friend. No plans yet!” The town of Mustang is roughly 65 miles south of American Airlines Center, the home of the Dallas Mavericks.

According to Mike Turner, president of Dallas real estate firm J. Elmer Turner, the town had been for sale on the market about four years, listed after the principal owner Marty Price became ill and decided to sell.

Price was an attorney who died this past August; a devoted basketball fan with Mavericks floor seats. “Mark Cuban stepped up, and it was a natural for him to buy it” Turner told NBC News. “With his resources and imagination, I’m sure there are endless possibilities.”

Turner did not reveal the final sales price but admitted it closed last month for less than the $4 million asking price. Jerry Newsom, chief of the volunteer fire department in the neighboring town of Angus, told NBC Dallas-Fort Worth “we’re excited to have him as our neighbor here, and we’re excited for the growth and the potential it has.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending