Connect with us

COVID-19

Former FDA Commissioner Defends Parental Rights

Published

on

Scott Gottlieb fmr FDA com

Scott Gottlieb, the former Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner is coming to the defense of parents. On Sunday, Gottlieb said parents and the physicians of their  children should be the ones to decide whether or not children receive COVID-19 booster shots, and not mandated by schools.

“I certainly don’t think schools should be mandating boosters. I think this should be left up to the discretion of parents and their physicians. You know, it’s going to depend on the individual circumstance,” Gottlieb said Sunday in an interview with CBS’s Margaret Brennan on “Face the Nation.”

Not only did Gottlieb explain that children, especially those between the ages of 12 and 16 years old, showed a more robust vaccine durability than adults but added they are also much less at risk from infection.

The Hill reports:

Instead of the previous recommendation of receiving a booster shot six months after a second dose, the FDA is expected to also amend that recommendation to five months for both children and adults.

The authorization, which requires signoff from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is expected to be endorsed by its director, Rochelle Walensky, according to the Times.

The decision over whether to require boosters may prove tricky given that states may decide to amend their own definitions of what it means to be “fully vaccinated.” 

Last month, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) said she was planning to introduce legislation that would tweak the definition of “fully vaccinated” to include the booster shot. 

You may like

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Ken johnson

    January 4, 2022 at 11:17 am

    Just a thought. . .almost all of these mandate issues can be filed under our individual freedoms. Is our constitution still valid or a mere suggestion? How can we enforce constitutional “guarantees”?

  2. Marty

    January 5, 2022 at 12:30 am

    Sara is always on the cutting edge!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COVID-19

Freedom in the UK: Johnson ends ‘all Covid measures’ including mask wearing

Published

on

Kid Mask

The United Kingdom is enjoying a huge announcement. Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced “the end of all Covid measures introduced to combat the Omicron variant – compulsory mask-wearing on public transport and in shops, guidance to work from home and vaccine certificates – from next week” reports The Guardian.

For those with coronavirus, the legal requirement for them to self-isolate will also be allowed to lapse when the regulations expire on March 24. Johnson also announced an immediate end for students to wear masks at secondary schools.

“From tomorrow we will no longer require face masks in classrooms and the Department for Education will shortly remove national guidance on their use in communal areas,” Johnson told the Commons.

“In the country at large we will continue to suggest the use of face coverings in enclosed or crowded spaces, particularly when you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet, but we will trust the judgment of the British people and no longer criminalise anyone who chooses not to wear one.”

The Prime Minister said Covid data was “showing that time and again this government got the toughest decisions right” and that plan B rules that were put in place in December could all be lifted from next Thursday, the day after a pre-existing review point.

The Guardian notes Britain had expected Johnson would soon be ending work-from-home guidance and the mandate to show a certificate proving vaccination or proof of a recent negative Covid test. However, the immediate lifting of mandatory mask rules will “come as a surprise to some.”

Johnson is receiving some push back from some teaching and health unions. The general secretary of the Royal College of Nursing, said ministers would “regret sending the wrong signal to the public for political expediency”.

Joint general secretary of the National Education Union Mary Bousted said, “While the trend amongst secondary aged children is down, it is however uncertain, due to the short time schools have been back since the Christmas holidays, that this trend will continue. Such uncertainty could lead to a pronounced risk of increased disruption with children and staff having to isolate.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC