Former FBI Deputy Director McCabe outed by agents, revealing Flynn investigation was a concocted ‘top down’ operation
FBI agent William Barnett knew from the beginning there was never any evidence of wrongdoing by retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.
Barnett, who played a lead role investigating Flynn, explained to the Justice Department in interviews earlier this month that FBI officials senior to him in Flynn’s investigation ignored his concerns and his investigative recommendations that Flynn was not a worthy target of investigation.
According to sources, who spoke to SaraACarter.com those senior FBI officials, to include former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, along with others, didn’t want to stop the investigation into Flynn because as Barnett described it in his interviews, Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel team had a ‘get Trump’ goal.
Those documents, that include Barnett’s interview with Justice Department Attorney Jeffery Jensen, who was appointed by Attorney General William Barr to investigate the alleged wrongdoing by the FBI in Flynn’s case, were obtained by Flynns defense team and released to the public Friday morning.
It’s very unusual even in a special investigation for the investigating agent to not interview his or her subject, and even more unusual to be told that someone else is interviewing the subject after the fact, according to a former senior FBI official, who spoke on background.
Related: Exclusive: McCabe Allegedly at the center of Durham’s probe
Barnett – who was charged with Flynn’s case – didn’t know Flynn had been interviewed by fired FBI Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok, as well as FBI Supervisory Special Agent Joe Pientka.
“Bill Barnett is known at the Washington field office as a tireless and incorruptible investigator his work ethic, attention to detail and absolute diligence have made him extremely successful in multiple high profile cases,” said a former FBI colleague of Barnett’s from the Washington Field Office. “Bill is what we all an Agent’s Agent, meaning he investigates cases with no bias or agenda, his only purpose is to figure out right and wrong.”
Barnett said during his interview with the DOJ that he “still did not see any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.”
“Barnett was willing to follow any instructions being given by the deputy director as long as it was not a violation of the law,” he added.
The admission by the top FBI official charged with investigating Flynn is stunning and reveals that years of documented evidence pointing to malfeasance inside the FBI’s investigation is warranted enough for the DOJ’s criminal investigation.
The actions by senior FBI officials, as well as other senior Obama Administration officials, appears to paint a dangerous picture of an attempted soft coup against President Donald Trump and the American people who voted for him.
On Thursday night, SaraACarter.com published an exclusive story based on interviews with Federal law enforcement officials that stated that Connecticut prosecutor John Durham is honing in on former McCabe, who had kept information from investigators. That information would have revealed that the primary sub source for former British Spy Christopher Steele’s debunked dossier was an alleged Russian spy that the FBI had been targeting for some time.
McCabe was also charged with the Flynn investigation. In Barnett’s 302 interview, which was attached to Powell’s motion to dismiss case against Flynn, he noted that he ran the request to interview Flynn “up the chain.” He said the request was denied, and described the FBI’s investigation into Flynn as “top down” investigation. According to several former FBI officials that means that McCabe, along with former FBI Director James Comey, were charged with the investigation.
According to Barnett the “direction concerning the investigation was coming from senior officials,” specifically then-Deputy FBI Director McCabe.
Barnett noted that he was concerned about the investigation and where it was heading. He said the failure to have any evidence was “problematic and could result in an inspector general investigation.”
“Barnett still did not see any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government,” the 302 stated. “Barnett was willing to follow any instructions being given by the deputy director as long as it was not a violation of the law.”
Barnett told investigators he believed the investigation into Flynn was a “check the box exercise, making sure all bases were covered, before the case was closed,” and said he “did not” think the case “was leading or headed toward prosecution.” Former FBI officials who know Barnett said they absolutely believe he is telling the truth.
Moreover, Barnett’s interview emerged just a day after the Justice Department released text messages showing FBI analysts bought liability insurance in January 2017 because they were worried about being sued for misconduct.
As for Flynn’s phone call with former Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak Barnett said, “with respect to Flynn’s [phone call] with the Russian ambassador in December 2016,” he did not believe Flynn was being directed by President Trump. He also noted that he did not believe Flynn had any additional information to provide Special Counsel’s Officer.”
In fact, Barnett believed the prosecution of Flynn by the Special Counsel was used as a means to ‘get Trump.’ “
“Interesting that they believed they would get away with it,” said a former senior intelligence official. “They never expected Trump to win and had to get into cover up mode after he did win the election. I wonder what else they are hiding.”
You may like
Police found maps, manifesto made by TN school shooter and former student who identified as transgender
On Monday morning a shooter entered the Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee and shot and killed six individuals before police officers engaged with and killed the murderer. The shooter was soon identified as Audrey Elizabeth Hale, a Nashville resident and former student who identified as a transgender woman. Hale killed three students and three adults, including the head of the school,
The Covenant School is a private Christian grade school for students up to 6th grade, according to its website. Officials say Hale was identified as a woman carrying two AR-style weapons, including a rifle and pistol, and a handgun.
Nashville police Chief John Drake said Hale possibly prepared for the shooting, including having written a manifesto. “We have also determined that there were maps drawn of the school in detail of surveillance entry points. At one point she was a student at that school,” he said. “There was a vehicle nearby that gave us a clue as to who she was.”
Drake added that two of the weapons may have been purchased legally in the Nashville area. Investigators have been searching a home associated with Hale and are probing a possible theory for a motive but did not disclose any details.
Fox News reports the Nashville branch of the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) has also deployed agents to assist the MNPD in responding to the attack.
Nashville Mayor John Cooper released a statement regarding the attack on Monday.
“In a tragic morning, Nashville joined the dreaded, long list of communities to experience a school shooting,” he wrote. “My heart goes out to the families of the victims. Our entire city stands with you. As facts continue to emerge, I thank our first responders and medical professionals.”
We are responding to an active aggressor at 33 Burton Hills Blvd Covenant School.
We can confirm we have multiple patients.
Parents coming to the school should go to 20 Burton Hills at this time. this is an active scene.
— Nashville Fire Dept (@NashvilleFD) March 27, 2023
Fox News also reported:
Police say the shooter entered the building through a side door and fired shots before moving to the second floor, where Hale was confronted by responding officers. They don’t believe she was wearing any body armor, authorities said.
Officials at the medical center say three young students were transported to Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt with gunshot wounds. All three were pronounced dead after arrival. The three more adults were also pronounced dead following the attack. All three were staff at the school.
The victims were identified by police as Evelyn Dieckhaus, Hallie Scruggs, and William Kinney, all age 9, Cynthia Peak, 61, Katherine Koonce, 60, and 61-year-old Mike Hill. Koonce was the head of school at Covenant, according to the school’s website.
You may like
Nation16 hours ago
House demands Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to release communications on ‘unprecedented abuse of prosecutorial authority’ against Trump
Immigration6 days ago
Texas, U.S. officials warn Americans not to travel to Mexico as cartel violence escalates
education3 days ago
No Democrats vote for ‘Parents Bill of Rights’ claiming it promotes ‘fascism’
Podcast7 days ago
Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw: The Fentanyl Crisis Requires Us to Crush the Cartels