Connect with us

Politics

Fmr. Trump Advisor To Demand Documents Regarding Mueller’s Investigation

Published

on

walid phares

President Donald Trump’s former campaign foreign policy advisor Dr. Walid Phares says he will be demanding documents that led to an intrusive investigation into his life during the Department of Justice’s former Special Counsel investigation into the Trump campaign.

He first revealed his intentions to request the classified documentation on Thursday’s episode of “The Sara Carter Show” podcast.

Last week, The New York Times published what Phares describes as a “smear piece” outlining that in 2017 he was “investigated by the (Robert) Mueller probe” over his alleged ties to the Egyptian government.

Phares is just one of five associates to the campaign that were under Mueller’s microscope. That group included Carter Page, Paul Manafort, George Papadopoulos, and Michael Flynn. Although they all had different roles, they were alleged to all have been working for foreign nations to influence an election and an administration.

All five names were mentioned in the memo signed by the then-Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein that allowed for Mueller to probe those individuals, only Phares’ name was redacted in its later public release.

“I’m still under shock trying to digest what had happened to me. As you just mentioned. It was revealed to me through an article published by the hit piece, actually by The New York Times, the end of May came to my surprise,” Phares told Carter.

“Never heard from them,” Phares explained. “I learned from The New York Times that there was a redacted part of that initial memo that started the Russia investigation that had my name. I didn’t see it yet. So by the way, there I am going to be asking the DOJ to give me that document I want to see. What did they say about me? Imagine, For four years, a U. S citizen has been investigating. Nobody told him. What was it about?”

Phares added that he previously testified in 2017 before the Senate and House Intelligence about the “so-called Russia connection to the Trump campaign.” However, there was never any follow up. 

Dr. Phares emphasized that he’s consulted the U.S. intelligence community on terrorism threats for decades and that’s probably why he was investigated.

He detailed to Carter his history with the U.S. intelligence community.

“I have been working with probably about two to 3000 intelligence community analysts on counterterrorism on the threat facing America,” he said. “I served twice as a national security adviser, foreign policy adviser to presidential, you know,  candidates. So I was aware and have the knowledge of what was going on in terms of threats against America.”

“This was the reason probably there was a party out there which is not still in the under the light that was not very happy with my position with regard to the Iran deal. I’ll talk about that in a second. with my position with regard to the partnership with the Muslim Brotherhood,” he added. “It’s all about foreign policy. Most likely, I was put under this investigation because somebody somewhere some lobby pressured and introduced does against me, which, after investigation authorities found that there was nothing. It was probably prepared by my political enemies..”

Continue Reading

Immigration

Report: over 85,000 migrant children ‘lost’ could be in labor market or sex trafficked

Published

on

DelRio2 childrenwomenmigrants

A report from the Department of Health and Human Services has prompted twenty-two state attorneys general to write a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra and Federal Bureau of Investigation Director Christopher Wray.

A report issued this month by the Department of Health and Human Services stated more than 85,000 migrant children could be lost. Tragically, many of those children likely were forced into the labor market or sex trafficked. The attorneys general said the Biden administration needs to find these missing children.

“By law, the Department of Health and Human Services is responsible for keeping these children safe when they arrive,” the attorneys general said in their letter. “That responsibility includes reuniting children with family or placing them with a sponsor who will protect them from trafficking and exploitation. But that Department is not living up to its responsibilities, and the cost of that failure is tens of thousands of missing children.”

The letter asks for information to be provided on when the children were last seen and what safeguards are in place to ensure they are placed with family members.

“The Department of Health and Human Services must ensure that it is not handing over children to criminals and sex traffickers,” the attorneys general said. “It cannot do so if it does not know to whom it is handing these children.”

The Center Square reports that Iowa Attorney General Brenna Bird led the coalition along with Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch and Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes.

“Losing 85,000 kids is like losing the entire population of Sioux City,” Bird said. “This is unacceptable. As a mom, it makes me sick to know that many of these missing kids have been trapped into forced labor and exploited by heinous sex traffickers. It’s the federal government’s job to keep these children safe. I’ve joined with 21 other attorneys general in demanding that the Biden Administration immediately locate and protect these children.”

Continue Reading

Trending