Connect with us

China

FCC Commissioner Accepts China’s Offer; Asks To Speak With Missing Coronavirus Whistleblowers

Published

on

FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr is asking China’s communist government to give him permission to speak with the many disappeared citizen journalists who sounded early alarms on the severity of the coronavirus outbreak, which began in the city of Wuhan.

On Thursday, a Chinese government spokesperson suggested on Twitter that U.S. officials should visit China to experience “freedom,” and the FCC commissioner accepted the offer, adding that first he wants to speak with the brave journalists.

In a Twitter thread posted late Thursday, Carr said he would first “like to speak with Dr. Al Fen”, a doctor who worked in Wuhan’s Central Hospital, who tried to warn about the virus and quickly disappeared. His list followed with eight other brave doctors and citizens who risked their lives to save countless others, but were never to be seen again.

Carr concluded his Twitter thread with some scathing questions for the Chinese official: “does your offer still stand? Or has it suddenly disappeared as things tend to do over there?”

Carr has long been an opponent of China’s authoritarianism and has raised concerns over their influence in the U.S. and he’s now taking aim at China Telecom Corp’s which wants to implement its services in the U.S.

“It is time to reconsider our relationship with companies owned or controlled by the People’s Republic of China,” Carr said of the move in a statement Friday.

U.S. agencies, including the Department of Justice recommended Thursday that the FCC deny their operations citing “substantial and unacceptable national security and law enforcement risks associated with China Telecom’s operations.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

China

VIDEO: Chinese military plane comes ‘dangerously’ close to U.S. aircraft over South China Sea

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 30 at 2.58.07 PM

The United States Army recorded and released unnerving video of a close encounter with a Chinese jet over the South China Sea. The Chinese military plane came “dangerously” close to the U.S. military aircraft in the international airspace last week, the U.S. military announced on Thursday.

The Indo-Pacific Command (INDOPACOM), the command responsible for overseeing U.S. operations in the area, said in a statement that the encounter occurred on December 21, during which a Chinese Navy J-11 fighter jet flew within 10 feet (3 meters) of a U.S. Air Force RC-135, a reconnaissance plane with about 30 people on board.

According to a U.S. military spokesperson, the Chinese jet came within 10 feet of the airplane’s wing, but 20 feet from its nose, causing the U.S. aircraft to take evasive maneuvers to avoid a collision.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC