Connect with us

China

Fauci responds to newly released emails and his flip-flopping on COVID origins

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 06 03 at 10.00.28 AM scaled

National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci appeared on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Thursday and was asked in detail for the first time since his emails from the early days of COVID-19 were released to journalists.

First, Fauci was asked about the purported Wuhan lab leak. While it is currently being investigated by U.S. officials, back in April of 2020, Fauci was emailing back and forth with National Institute of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins about how it was a “conspiracy theory.”

Now, the Chief Medical Advisor is walking back the email, telling host Willie Geist “we don’t know that for sure.” But a manmade origin was “low on the list of what we thought the likelihood was.” On Thursday, he asked everyone to “keep an open mind” about COVID-19 origins.

Fauci also appeared on MSNBC’s Deadline Wednesday as his first appearance since the news broke. When asked about his emails then, he tried to look on the bright side. “There’s no doubt that there are people out there who for one reason or another resent me for what I did in the last administration,” Fauci said. But, at the very least, his emails were “not anti-Trump at all” he added.

“You look at my emails, I never said anything derogatory about President Donald Trump,” Fauci said.

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism.

You may like

Continue Reading

China

Experts Say United States Vulnerable to ‘Electromagnetic’ Attack by Chinese

Published

on

China

When Joe Biden was trying to convince Americans to vote for him to become the next President back in 2019, he belittled the concept that China is a danger to the U.S. “Come on man, China’s not a threat” said Biden.

Experts, however, continue to show just how wrong Biden has always been. Fox News reports “experts are warning that the United States is vulnerable to an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack from adversaries such as China, and that time is running out to invest in defending the country from it.”

Last week during a virtual forum hosted by the Universal Peace Federation, Peter Vincent Pry, the executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, said “that poses a real threat of possibly being able to win a war with a single blow by means of an EMP attack.”

“Moreover…they don’t envision employing an EMP by itself. It would be used in conjunction with cyberattacks and physical sabotage, and non-nuclear EMP” added Pry. Experts also warn that while an EMP attack would be “bloodless” at first, a yearlong blackout could kill roughly 90% of the American population.

Fox News reports:

The U.S. electric grid and other infrastructure – such as communications and transportation systems and water and sewer services – could all be devastated by such an attack, experts like Pry warn, noting that time is of the essence for the U.S. to defend itself.

China already possesses “super EMPs” and last summer tested a new hypersonic glide vehicle that analysts warn could deploy the EMP and cause a long-lasting blackout that would shut down key infrastructure and cripple the military’s ability to communicate.

A Pentagon report on Chinese military capabilities details how China has invested heavily in its EMP program, with a strategy that “emphasizes suppressing, degrading, disrupting or deceiving enemy electronic equipment throughout the continuum of a conflict while protecting its ability to use the cyber and electromagnetic spectrum.”

“The PLA is likely to use electronic warfare early in a conflict as a signaling mechanism to warn and deter adversary offensive action. Potential EW targets include adversary systems operating in radio, radar, microwave, infrared and optical frequency ranges, as well as adversary computer and information systems” adds the report.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending