Connect with us

Featured

‘Eat the whole sausage: Gov. Cuomo in hot water for resurfaced video

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 03 01 at 4.23.51 PM scaled

Embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), who is already under fire from both sides of the aisle over sexual harassment allegations and the nursing home scandal, is now being accused of pressuring a female journalist in a video to “eat the whole sausage” at the 2016 New York State Fair.

“I want to see you eat the whole sausage,” Cuomo can be heard telling then-NewsChannel 9 reporter Beth Cefalu, all while his youngest daughter Michaela sits silently next to him, according to the video shared by journalist Matt Binder. A now-former aide to Cuomo could be seen handing Cefalu a sandwich.

“I don’t know if I should eat the whole sausage in front of you, but I’m definitely going to eat it,” Cefalu replied.

The Empire State governor then gestures to Cefalu, who is now a reporter and anchor at News 12 Westchester, to sit beside him.

MORE ON CUOMO: De Blasio ‘sickened’ by Cuomo sexual harassment claims

After she takes a selfie with Cuomo while hoisting up her plate, Cuomo remarked in an exchange, “There’s too much sausage in that picture,” which garnered some laughs from other table guests.

MORE ON CUOMO: NY dem says state legislature is ‘inching toward’ Cuomo impeachment probe

However, Cefalu hit back at those trying to turn the viral video into a scandal.

On Sunday, she told Fox News on Sunday that her interaction with the governor has “nothing to do” with the harassment claims the governor has been facing and that she never felt “pressured” to eat the sandwich.

“The governor was trying to be nice and got me some food,” Cefalu explained. “It’s probably the one day of year or story of the year he and I can be a little informal and that’s what this was nothing more. He did not pressure me – he was not hitting on me nor did I feel harassed in anyway.”

Moreover, Cefalu tweeted Monday: “I was not pressured/harassed this is two people enjoying the one event – the NYS fair – that gives them a little more freedom to be informal. [It’s] really sad it’s being turned into anything more.”

The journalist went on to go after the media in her Twitter thread, saying, “This is why people hate ‘the media’ misleading headlines and one-sided articles twisting reality. It’s really sad that any media will turn fun at the fair into some sleazy scandal that it wasn’t.”

Last week, Cuomo was accused by a former top aide, Lindsey Boylan, of sexually harassing her while she served in his administration, after she accused him in December of making inappropriate comments about her appearance. Cuomo’s office has denied the accusations she made in an essay on Wednesday.

MORE ON CUOMO: ‘Let’s play strip poker’: Fmr. Cuomo aide accuses NY governor of sexual harassment

After Boylan stepped forward, a low-level aide in the Cuomo’s administration until November named Charlotte Bennett told The New York Times in a Saturday report that the governor asked inappropriate questions regarding her sex life, such as if she had ever had sex with older men, as well as other remarks she interpreted as calculating her interest in a tryst.

Currently, pressure is mounting for an investigation into the sexual harassment claims made against Cuomo.

MORE ON CUOMO: De Blasio calls for investigation into Cuomo sexual harassment claims

In a Sunday statement, the governor said he “may have been insensitive” during his tenure but charged his accusers of misinterpreting his actions, saying, “I acknowledge some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation… I am truly sorry about that,” Fox News reported.

MORE ON CUOMO: Cuomo responds to sexual harassment claims, saying he ‘may have been insensitive’

“At work sometimes I think I am being playful and make jokes that I think are funny. I do, on occasion, tease people in what I think is a good-natured way,” Cuomo also said. “I do it in public and in private. You have seen me do it at briefings hundreds of times. I have teased people about their personal lives, their relationships, about getting married or not getting married. I mean no offense and only attempt to add some levity and banter to what is a very serious business.”

You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.

You may like

Continue Reading

Featured

Biden frees Venezuelan President Maduro’s drug dealing relatives in prisoner swap

Published

on

Joe Biden

President Biden freed two of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro’s relatives Saturday in exchange for seven jailed Americans. The two nephews of Maduro’s wife Cilia Flores, had been convicted in the United States for drug dealing and sentenced to 18 years in prison, according to the BBC.

According to the report, the swap was in exchange for five American oil executives. Those Americans were “exchanged for two of Mr Maduro’s wife’s nephews, who were serving 18-year sentences in the US on drug charges,” the officials told the BBC. Maduro’s nephews were convicted under the Trump administration and the Venezuelan government claims that they were “unjustly” jailed in the United States.

In a statement from the White House Saturday, Biden said the American’s were  “wrongfully detained.”  He said the American’s  would soon be reunited with their relatives, according to reports.

“Today, we celebrate that seven families will be whole once more. To all the families who are still suffering and separated from their loved ones who are wrongfully detained – know that we remain dedicated to securing their release,” the Biden statement added.

Meanwhile, 13 Republican members of Congress sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, requesting more information on “the intelligence report” that alleges Maduro is emptying his prisons and allowing them to head to the United States in the caravans that crossing the porous border.

The letter states that the report warns Border Patrol agents to be on the look-out for “violent criminals from Venezuela among the migrant caravans heading towards the U.S.-Mexico border.”

“It has been widely reported that the Venezuelan regime, under the control of Nicolás Maduro Moros, is deliberately releasing violent prisoners early, including inmates convicted of ‘murder, rape, and extortion,’ and pushing them to join caravans heading to the United States,” the letter states.

You can follow Sara A. Carter on Twitter @SaraCarterDC.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC