Connect with us

Nation

Does Twitter Have An Alleged ‘Blacklist’ For Shadow Banning?

Published

on

Screenshot 2020 04 01 13.27.39

It appears that Twitter does allegedly have the capability to shadow ban selected users through a blacklist button on the backend of the companies website. It allegedly was discovered through the recent hacking incident that left some of Twitter’s biggest account holders exposed, as well as some of the companies operations.

On Wednesday, Twitter executives acknowledged that high profile accounts were compromised and that malicious links were being posted on the accounts. Those links urged followers to send $1,000 in Bitcoin to a specific address. Some of the high profile accounts included former President Barack Obama, former Vice President Joe Biden, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, and Apple and Uber accounts.

“We are aware of a security incident impacting accounts on Twitter. We are investigating and taking steps to fix it. We will update everyone shortly,” read a tweet posted on the company’s official account. 

However, according to recent breaking news posted by Mike Coudrey, the alleged leaked pictures from the Twitter administrator control that was accessed by the hackers to take over the accounts actually shows “the buttons ‘Trends Blacklist’ and ‘Search Blacklist’ indicating Twitter DOES have the ability to shadowban it’s users.”

Coudrey also posted a picture from Motherboard, Tech By Vice site stating that Twitter is removing images of an internal tool sources say enables accounts to be taken over.

It certainly appears that Twitter has this capability but SaraACarter.com has not been able to independently verify the accuracy of the claims.

Twitter officials could not be reached immediately for comment.

https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/status/1283572997534572544

However, a Twitter spokesperson told Vice News, “We do disclose in this FAQ that accounts that violate the rules are prevented from trending. This isn’t new and it’s not something that has been hidden, but it’s in the help center.”

You may like

Continue Reading

Nation

Five returned rental cars used by Biden’s Secret Service burst into flames

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 04 at 1.59.43 PM

A bizarre situation involving rental cars used during one of President Joe Biden’s trips has social media and conspiracy theorists busy with speculation.

The day after President Joe Biden left Nantucket for his Thanksgiving holiday, five Hertz rental cars hired by his Secret Service detail burst into flames in the airport parking lot.

The Nantucket Current tweeted out photos and wrote, “The cars were owned by Hertz, and had just been returned by members of the Secret Service who had been using them during President Biden’s visit, sources said.”

A fire “involving multiple rental vehicles recently used by Secret Service agents erupted early Monday morning at Nantucket Memorial Airport,” reported the Current.

According to a statement from Nantucket Memorial Airport, at 5:22 a.m. on Monday, airport staff observed an active fire through the closed circuit TV system in the rental car overflow area. Local fire and police departments responded and contained the fire.

“Something very fishy going on,” one YouTube user commented on the Nantucket Current’s video. “No freakin’ way was this a coincidence. Absolutely no way,” wrote another.

An investigation is underway. The working theory is that the fire started in a Ford Expedition, which was under a safety recall since May due to a faulty battery junction box that has been known to cause underhood fires. The recall affects 66,000 Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators manufactured between December 2020 and April 2021.

“We believe these vehicle fires can be traced to a circuit board supplier that changed manufacturing locations during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic,” according to Ford’s website. “The printed circuit boards produced there are sometimes susceptible to a high-current short.”

“Of the eight fire allegations, six occurred while the vehicle was parked and off, and two occurred while driving,” says the initial March 2022 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the part of the Department of Transportation that investigates car safety issues. Interestingly, the eight vehicles were owned by multiple rental car companies at various locations.

By mid-May, the government had 16 reports of underhood fires in 2021 Expedition and Navigator vehicles. Of those, 14 were rental vehicles and 12 of the fires had occurred while the vehicle was parked with the engine off. Consequently, Ford has advised owners that these vehicles should be parked outdoors and away from buildings.

In an email to Forbes, Hertz confirmed that it was working with the local authorities on their investigation but did not confirm that the Explorer in question had been scheduled for service under the recall.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC