Connect with us

Uncategorized

Daily Wire investigation: Italian company may have illegally sold rights to the Vatican’s priceless art

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 15 at 9.20.11 AM

The Daily Wire has been conducting a fascinating investigation into the Vatican Museum’s priceless artwork. “Rights to the Vatican Museums’ priceless trove of art treasures may have been illegally sold without the Holy See’s approval in what one attorney described as a “high-tech heist,” the investigation finds.

An Italian company is allegedly selling the rights to reproduce the Vatican artwork in six-figure deals, while claiming to be working in “collaboration with” the Vatican Museums.

“This scheme is nothing less than a pre-meditated, high-tech heist of world-class treasured art from the Vatican Museums under the disguise of bogus licenses, as if sanctioned by the Vatican,” Sarah Rose Speno, a New York attorney, told The Daily Wire.

The Daily Wire’s report notes that Speno said she stumbled upon the alleged scheme in March when she sought permission to use images of Vatican art for an exhibition by a client.

“We discovered that a large table book had been published with high-resolution images of the interiors of the Vatican, including the Sistine Chapel,” Speno said. “We very much wanted to pursue an opportunity to license these images, as soon as possible.”

Speno contacted Scripta Maneant — the Italian publisher that licensed the photos in the book. Scripta Maneant claimed authority to broker the publishing rights via its “collaboration” with Vatican Museums vice director, Monsignore Paolo Nicolini. Scripta Maneant wanted $550,000 for the rights — with a portion being paid to the Vatican through Nicolini, according to Speno. Although Scripta Maneant claimed the fee would be shared with the Vatican, Speno said she later became suspicious.

“The Scripta Maneant scheme became obvious when the Scripta principals demanded a cash wire in the amount of $82,500 no later than their return from summer holiday in late August,” Speno said. “They said that they would produce Vatican approval for our Italian Renaissance Immersive project ‘if and only if’ the fee were wired to the Scripta bank account they provided. It was at this point that grave suspicion entered my mind.”

Ultimately, Speno said, “we terminated the deal when Scripta could not provide us with documented consent by the Vatican.”

Continue Reading: Daily Wire

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Darrell Brooks found guilty on 76 charges in Waukesha Christmas Parade murders

Published

on

GettyImages 1236732416

Six people died and at least another 61 people were injured when a red Ford Escape SUV driven by Darrell Brooks drove through a holiday parade on November 21, 2021. Almost a year later, after a long and intense dramatic legal battle, Brooks has been found guilty.

40 year old Brooks defended himself in court after killing his victims who ranged in age from 8 to 81. It took Waukesha County Circuit Judge Jennifer Dorow about 25 minutes to read the guilty verdicts on all 76 charges.

Brooks’ case garnered national media attention in part due to the liberal policies which allowed him to walk the streets and commit this crime. Brooks had been freed previously on a mere $1,000 bail from an earlier case in Milwaukee County. A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel analysis found that bail to be considerably lower than the average of similar open cases. He also had been assessed as a high risk for release. Nonetheless, he was released on the streets only to commit murder not long after.

City of Waukesha officials welcomed the trial’s end. “I am thankful that the jury found the defendant guilty on all counts,” said Mayor Shawn Reilly. “We can now re-focus on taking steps forward as a community and continue the healing process.”

“The victims’ families as well as our first responders continue to deal with the lasting effects of the horrors of that day,” said Police Chief Dan Thompson. ” We are grateful for the support that has come from all over the world, and we ask you to continue to keep all those involved in your prayers.”

A statement from the city read, in part, “As a community, we still have a long road ahead filled with difficult days. This will be especially true as we approach the one-year anniversary of the tragedy. However, as we have experienced the past year, we know that when we stand together, we remain Waukesha Strong.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC