Connect with us

Media

CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely After AG Report Shows he Helped Brother Navigate Sexual Harassment Allegations

Published

on

Chris Cuomo
Chris Cuomo

CNN has suspended one of their most prominent anchors, Chris Cuomo, the brother of the disgraced former New York governor Andrew Cuomo. CNN actions swiftly came after the New York Attorney General’s Office published documents on Monday which revealed that the anchor had been using his position in media to help his brother navigate sexual harassment allegations.

The documents were part of Attorney General Letitia James’ investigation into the sexual harassment allegations against the former governor. Chris Cuomo publicly apologized on-air back in May when the Washington Post first revealed he had participated in strategy calls with his brother about the allegations.

Documents released Monday revealed Chris told investigators he contacted journalist Ronan Farrow to discuss a piece about his brother regarding allegations against him. He also texted with his brother’s former aide, Melissa DeRosa.

“I have a lead on the wedding girl” Chris texted DeRosa after one woman accused the governor of attempting to kiss her at a wedding, according to a New York Times report in March. As allegations against the governor continued to pile on, many criticized CNN and Chris for his absolute silence on the matter, except for a rare, quick acknowledgment.

After Andrew Cuomo resigned as governor, Chris said “I never attacked nor encouraged anyone to attack any woman who came forward. I never made calls to the press about my brother’s situation.”

We now know that was a lie. CNN released the following statement:

The New York Attorney General’s office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo’s involvement in his brother’s defense. The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions. When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly. But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second. However, these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother’s efforts than we previously knew. As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation.

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Elections

Judge orders Biden’s DHS to release files on agents accused of censoring election ‘misinformation’

Published

on

google facebook france

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry made headway in countering federal agents involved in suppressing what liberal tech labeled “misinformation” on social media.

The Attorneys General moved to release testimony from five Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) employees after learning of their participation in the Biden administration’s counter-“disinformation” efforts. On Wednesday, a Louisiana judge ordered the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to release the files.

Court documents dated Jan. 19 show  the agents participated. The judge’s motion Wednesday could shed light on a “switchboarding” tactic employed during the 2020 election, according to the order.

The lawsuit alleges that the defendants, which include the named individuals as well as President Joe Biden and top officials from a variety of federal agencies, “colluded and/or coerced social media companies to suppress disfavored speakers, viewpoints, and content on social media platforms by labeling the content “dis-information,” “mis-information,” and “mal-formation.”

The Daily Caller reports that the five CISA employees allegedly served as a “switchboard” to route requests from federal agencies to censor disinformation to various social media companies, according to the documents.

Switchboard work employed “an audit official to identify something on social media they deemed to be disinformation aimed at their jurisdiction,” top CISA election security agent Brian Skully testified in a deposition released Thursday.

“They couldforward that to CISA and CISA would share that with the appropriate social mediacompanies.”

 

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC