Connect with us

Media

CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely After AG Report Shows he Helped Brother Navigate Sexual Harassment Allegations

Published

on

Chris Cuomo
Chris Cuomo

CNN has suspended one of their most prominent anchors, Chris Cuomo, the brother of the disgraced former New York governor Andrew Cuomo. CNN actions swiftly came after the New York Attorney General’s Office published documents on Monday which revealed that the anchor had been using his position in media to help his brother navigate sexual harassment allegations.

The documents were part of Attorney General Letitia James’ investigation into the sexual harassment allegations against the former governor. Chris Cuomo publicly apologized on-air back in May when the Washington Post first revealed he had participated in strategy calls with his brother about the allegations.

Documents released Monday revealed Chris told investigators he contacted journalist Ronan Farrow to discuss a piece about his brother regarding allegations against him. He also texted with his brother’s former aide, Melissa DeRosa.

“I have a lead on the wedding girl” Chris texted DeRosa after one woman accused the governor of attempting to kiss her at a wedding, according to a New York Times report in March. As allegations against the governor continued to pile on, many criticized CNN and Chris for his absolute silence on the matter, except for a rare, quick acknowledgment.

After Andrew Cuomo resigned as governor, Chris said “I never attacked nor encouraged anyone to attack any woman who came forward. I never made calls to the press about my brother’s situation.”

We now know that was a lie. CNN released the following statement:

The New York Attorney General’s office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo’s involvement in his brother’s defense. The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions. When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly. But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second. However, these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother’s efforts than we previously knew. As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation.

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Media

BREAKING: Elon Musk dissolves Twitter’s 9-member board, appoints himself ‘sole director’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 02 01 at 1.19.52 PM

UPDATE:

Elon Musk has dissolved Twitter’s board of directors and appointed himself the company’s “sole director,” according to a Monday securities filing. The board included nine directors.

Immediately after completing his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter on Thursday, Musk fired several senior executives, including CEO Parag Agrawal.

——–

Elon Musk has finally acquired Twitter and taking a sharp and swift axe to the company. Musk announced plans to reverse the lifetime bans for Twitter users who had previously been kicked off the platform under Twitter’s previous violations of the First Amendment.

Musk took over Twitter late Thursday, and immediately fired CEO Parag Agrawal, CFO Ned Segal, senior legal representative Vijaya Gadde, and general counsel Sean Edgett, the Washington Post reported.

Earlier this week Twitter employees banned together to protest Musk’s plans to fire or replace nearly 75% of the staff; but to no avail. Musk fired major executives and intends to replace CEO Parag Agrawal temporarily with himself until he finds a permanent replacement, a source told Bloomberg.

Twitter workers created an open letter, obtained by Time, demanding that Musk not get rid of anyone and not discriminate against them on the basis of political views.

Oh the irony, the staff asked to be treated completely opposite of how they ran the company:

“We demand to be treated with dignity, and to not be treated as mere pawns in a game played by billionaires,” it read. “A threat of this magnitude is reckless, undermines our users’ and customers’ trust in our platform, and is a transparent act of worker intimidation.”

Despite the worry from Twitter employees, Musk has maintained faithful to his reason and purpose behind purchasing the giant company. Musk tweeted his motivations on Thursday, just before he fully acquired Twitter:

“The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence,” Musk wrote.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC