Chicago police blame gangs for shooting death of 4-year-old boy
Seven children suffered injuries from various shootings in Chicago this weekend, while 4-year-old Mychal Moultry died from his gunshot wounds. Including adults, 65 people were shot over Labor Day Weekend according to the Sun Times Media Wire.
Moultry was in his own home Friday night. Someone braided his hair just as a gunman shot into the house from the outside. As a result, bullets flying in from the window struck Moultry twice in the head. Later, he died at Comer Children’s Hospital. He is the 35th fatal victim to gun violence in Chicago this year alone. 2021 shootings wounded 280 children so far.
Police Superintendent David O. Brown held a press conference Monday. Over the weekend, police reported they confiscated 64 illegally possessed weapons. Just this year alone they’ve confiscated 8,500 total illegal weapons. As a result there have been 4,000 arrests since January.
Yet Deputy Chief Gale blamed recent violence on gangs. “We are aware that a lot of the street gangs here in the city of Chicago are responsible to the violence that is going on on our streets and affecting our children,” Gale said. Currently, there are charges against four gangs, including the Gangster Disciples, Conservative Vice Lords, Traveling Vice Lords and Four Corner Hustlers. Police are also offering a $9,000 reward for information on Moultry’s death.
Superintendent Brown agreed that gangs are to blame. “It’s always some other offender, gang member, criminal network, some beef, and they’re targeting some adult, and young people are nearby and they are shot as innocent bystanders,” Brown said.
Still, a 13 year old is receiving treatment at Comer Children’s Hospital after being shot in the head on Saturday night. He was in the basement of a home at 9 PM when a gunman shot through the window.
Earlier that day, a gunman opened fire at an after-school event in East Garfield Park. Two siblings under the age of 16 were struck. Luckily they have already fully recovered. Police recovered a vehicle associated with the shooting, but no one is in custody yet.
Read the full article here.
You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism.
You may like
Daily Wire investigation: Italian company may have illegally sold rights to the Vatican’s priceless art
The Daily Wire has been conducting a fascinating investigation into the Vatican Museum’s priceless artwork. “Rights to the Vatican Museums’ priceless trove of art treasures may have been illegally sold without the Holy See’s approval in what one attorney described as a “high-tech heist,” the investigation finds.
An Italian company is allegedly selling the rights to reproduce the Vatican artwork in six-figure deals, while claiming to be working in “collaboration with” the Vatican Museums.
“This scheme is nothing less than a pre-meditated, high-tech heist of world-class treasured art from the Vatican Museums under the disguise of bogus licenses, as if sanctioned by the Vatican,” Sarah Rose Speno, a New York attorney, told The Daily Wire.
The Daily Wire’s report notes that Speno said she stumbled upon the alleged scheme in March when she sought permission to use images of Vatican art for an exhibition by a client.
“We discovered that a large table book had been published with high-resolution images of the interiors of the Vatican, including the Sistine Chapel,” Speno said. “We very much wanted to pursue an opportunity to license these images, as soon as possible.”
Speno contacted Scripta Maneant — the Italian publisher that licensed the photos in the book. Scripta Maneant claimed authority to broker the publishing rights via its “collaboration” with Vatican Museums vice director, Monsignore Paolo Nicolini. Scripta Maneant wanted $550,000 for the rights — with a portion being paid to the Vatican through Nicolini, according to Speno. Although Scripta Maneant claimed the fee would be shared with the Vatican, Speno said she later became suspicious.
“The Scripta Maneant scheme became obvious when the Scripta principals demanded a cash wire in the amount of $82,500 no later than their return from summer holiday in late August,” Speno said. “They said that they would produce Vatican approval for our Italian Renaissance Immersive project ‘if and only if’ the fee were wired to the Scripta bank account they provided. It was at this point that grave suspicion entered my mind.”
Ultimately, Speno said, “we terminated the deal when Scripta could not provide us with documented consent by the Vatican.”
Continue Reading: Daily Wire
You may like
Nation2 days ago
House demands Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to release communications on ‘unprecedented abuse of prosecutorial authority’ against Trump
education5 days ago
No Democrats vote for ‘Parents Bill of Rights’ claiming it promotes ‘fascism’
education1 day ago
Police found maps, manifesto made by TN school shooter and former student who identified as transgender
Immigration4 days ago
Nearly 300 suspected terrorists apprehended at U.S. border in 2023 alone