The Minneapolis Police Department is investigating claims by citizen journalist group Project Veritas, which made undercover video public suggesting that individuals who claimed to be tied to Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., were involved in illegal ballot harvesting before the election, as reported earlier.
The police department issued a statement Monday saying that they “are in the process of looking into the validity of those statements.”No further information is available at this time on this.”
James O’Keefe, the founder fo Project Veritas’ published the latest videos on Twitter and Instagram Sunday night. It’s less than 35 days before the November, 3 presidential election.
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, noted that the state’s Supreme Court recently allowed voting to proceed without a three-person limit on the number of ballots any one individual can collect.
“A Minnesota law that limited to three the number of voters any one person can help cast a ballot in person will remain unenforceable this election, the state Supreme Court has ruled.
In an expedited four-page ruling last week, Chief Justice Lorie Skjerven Gildea affirmed a July order by Ramsey County District Judge Thomas Gilligan that sided with a legal challenge filed earlier this year by two Democratic campaign committees.
A Minnesota law that limited to three the number of voters any one person can help cast a ballot in person will remain unenforceable this election, the state Supreme Court has ruled.”
Fox News reported that President Donald Trump has asked the Justice Department to investigate the claims. Those claims also include a cash-for-ballot scheme, stated O’Keefe in the expose videos.
“This is totally illegal,” Trump said Sunday. “Hope that the U.S. Attorney in Minnesota has this, and other of her many misdeeds, under serious review??? If not, why not??? We will win Minnesota because of her, and law enforcement. Saved Minneapolis & Iron O Range!”
Omar’s opponent in the race Republican candidate Lacy Johnson, a successful businessman, stated on Twitter that “Ilhan has yet to respond to the illegal ballot harvesting evidence released by @Project_Veritas.”
“The silence is shocking,” Johnson added.
You may like
50-Foot Christmas Tree Outside Fox News Set on Fire by 49yr Old Homeless Man
Just before 12:15 am Wednesday morning, an arsonist set fire to the 50-foot tree in front of Fox News’ Midtown headquarters on 6th avenue. The suspect, a 49-year-old with three prior arrests, was quickly caught and taken into custody.
The man has two previous arrests for drug possession and one for public intoxication. The motive is unclear, and Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said detectives are looking into whether mental illness was a factor.
“The suspect is identified as 49-year-old Craig Tamanaha, who is homeless, with a last known address in Brooklyn” reports ABC 7 New York. Police said the suspect climbed up “the metal superstructure” underneath the artificial tree and lit papers he had brought with him on fire, then shoved the papers into the tree structure.
He then climbed down and watched from the street level as it burned, and he was spotted by building security who pointed the man out to police officers posted in nearby Rockefeller Center,” reports ABC.
A lighter was found in his possession, and he has been charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, arson, criminal nuisance, endangering others, criminal trespass, criminal tampering and disorderly conduct.
Fox says it will rebuild the tree, which took more than 21 hours to assemble and consisted of 10,000 glass ornaments and 100,000 lights.
You may like
Nation1 day ago
Elon Musk Says Microchips Will be Ready to Implant Human Brains in 2022
COVID-193 days ago
UPDATE: Video of Australian Woman Shows Balcony She Cannot Leave at COVID Detention Facility
COVID-191 day ago
Florida Hospital Suspends Vaccine Mandates For Its 83,000 Employees
Podcast2 days ago
How the Left Created the Massive Rise in Crime