Connect with us

Nation

Biden accused of pressuring FBI to fabricate ‘extremist’ and ‘White supremacist’ cases

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 01 19 at 3.10.28 PM

President Biden and his administration hosted a “United We Stand” summit at the White House last week during which he announced a new initiative on “hate-motivated violence.”

The administration has aggressively asserted “domestic extremists” which have been identified as white supremacy, is one of the top security threats facing the nation.

However, current and former FBI agents told The Washington Times the perceived White supremacist threat is overblown by the administration. They said top bureau officials are pressuring FBI agents to create domestic terrorist cases and tag people as White supremacists to meet internal metrics.

“The demand for White supremacy” coming from FBI headquarters “vastly outstrips the supply of White supremacy,” said one agent, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “We have more people assigned to investigate White supremacists than we can actually find.”

During his summit on Thursday, Biden stated “We remain in the battle for the soul of our nation…We’re going to use every federal resource available to help communities counter hate-fueled violence, build resilience, and foster greater national unity.”

Townhall notes: “Earlier this year the Justice Department created a special unit to counter the threats of domestic terrorism.”

“The number of FBI investigations of suspected violent extremists has more than doubled since the spring of 2020,” Matthew Olsen, the head of DOJ’s National Security Division, said at the time.

“This group of dedicated attorneys will focus on the domestic terrorism threat, helping to ensure that these cases are properly handled and effectively coordinated across DOJ and around the country,” he said.

Townhall writes:

As critics point out, however, the Biden administration’s fixation on domestic extremism appears one-sided. So far, not a single arrest has been made in the 17 attacks on pro-life organizations by militant abortion group Jane’s Revenge. Meanwhile, FBI agents are showing up at the doors of average Trump supporters based off anonymous – and false – tips about January 6. 


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Elections

BREAKING: Trump ordered to pay over $350M, barred from operating his business in NY in civil fraud case ruling

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump and his business empire faced a significant setback as a New York judge ruled against them in a civil fraud case brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James. The 92-page ruling, handed down by Judge Arthur Engoron, barred Trump from operating his business in New York for three years and imposed over $350 million in damages.

The case, which unfolded over months of trial proceedings, stemmed from allegations that Trump inflated his assets and engaged in fraudulent practices. Engoron’s ruling cited a litany of charges, including persistent fraud, falsifying records, issuing false financial statements, and conspiracy to commit fraud.

Moreover, the judge imposed restrictions on key figures within the Trump Organization, including Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, barring them from serving in certain corporate roles in New York for a specified period.

Engoron’s scathing assessment of Trump’s testimony during the trial further undermined the former president’s credibility. The judge criticized Trump for evasive responses and irrelevant digressions, highlighting the detrimental effect on his credibility.

In response to the ruling, Trump’s attorney, Christopher Kise, lambasted the court’s decision, alleging political bias and a disregard for established legal principles. Kise argued that the evidence presented during the trial failed to support the allegations of fraud and emphasized Trump’s substantial net worth.

Kise’s assertions were echoed by Alina Habba, another attorney representing Trump, who denounced the verdict as a “manifest injustice” resulting from a politically motivated witch hunt.

Throughout the proceedings, Trump consistently dismissed the trial as politically motivated, accusing both Engoron and James of partisan bias. His legal team also criticized the absence of a jury in the trial, questioning the fairness of the proceedings.

Attorney General Letitia James, who spearheaded the lawsuit against Trump and his organization, portrayed the ruling as a victory for accountability and transparency in business practices. The lawsuit alleged fraudulent conduct and sought substantial financial penalties, a portion of which would contribute to the state treasury.

The fallout from the case extends beyond Trump and his business interests, with implications for the broader business community and the rule of law. The contentious nature of the trial and its outcome underscored deep divisions and raised questions about the integrity of the legal system.

Trump vows to appeal the decision.

Continue Reading

Trending