-Follow Steve Postal @HebraicMosaic-
More evidence is coming to light that Hamas committed war crimes during its heinous treatment of the Israeli hostages it kidnapped on October 7. This is of course in addition to Hamas’ killing, kidnapping, raping, and dismembering civilians on October 7:
- Hamas kept Emily Hand, 9 years old, closely confined in what she calls “the box.” Emily was so disoriented she believed she had been held hostage for one year. She now only speaks in whispers.
- When taking hostages back to Gaza, Hamas terrorists “branded” their child hostages with their motorcycle exhaust pipes so they would be marked if they tried to escape.
- Hamas terrorists drugged child hostages.
- Hamas terrorist beat hostages with electric cables.
- Hamas imprisoned women hostages in cages.
- Hamas transferred a mother and two of her kids over to the Population Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PLFP), another terrorist group. This amounts to the family being kidnapped a second time, and Hamas had previously claimed that they were dead. The two kids are the only two children hostages left in Gaza.
- Hamas forced Eitan Yaholomi, 12, along with other children at gunpoint to watch 45 minutes of footage of the October 7 attack.
Additionally, more evidence is coming to light showing depraved acts of Gazan civilians and NGOs, likely with Hamas’ assent:
- One hostage claimed to be held captive by an UNRWA teacher.
- Another hostage claimed to be held captive by a Gazan doctor.
- The Red Cross, in a blatant violation of their mandate, has not visited the hostages, with one mother of a hostage referring to them as merely an “Uber service” for transferring them from Hamas.
- The Gazan civilian population publicly jeered the hostages when they were being released, and assaulted them by jumping on the Red Crescent vans that were escorting them and banging on the windows. Some hostages believed that they were being led to a lynching, rather than freedom.
- Eitan Yaholomi, 12, was beaten by a mob of Gazans when he was brought into Gaza by Hamas on motorcycle.
- Mia Schem, 21 years old, received surgery on her arm by a veterinarian in Gaza.
Meanwhile, the Biden administration’s continuous gaslighting of Israel suggests that it falsely believes that Israel is violating international law. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, on the issue of Israel’s war against Hamas, recently stated that “you can only win in urban warfare by protecting civilians.” Vice President Kamala Harris recently lectured Israel for not doing enough to protect civilians. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told Israel that it could not repeat the level of civilian loss of life sustained in southern Gaza that allegedly occurred in northern Gaza, and that Israel has weeks, not months, to wrap up its campaign.
These quotes falsely suggest that Israel is not doing its utmost to protect civilians. As the former Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett stated, “we are going to have to do what we need to do and we’re doing it as best as we can to minimize casualties. But there’s no magic wand and if anyone has a magic wand, let us know and we’ll use it.” The quotes from Austin, Harris and Blinken show that Biden administration implicitly accepts the unreliable casualty figures from the “Gaza Health Ministry” (who does not quantify the number of terrorists killed and is an arm of Hamas), and does not understand the great lengths Hamas takes to use human shields to extract maximum civilian casualties.
The Biden administration is failing to acknowledge the growing evidence of Hamas committing war crimes, instead preferring to armchair quarterback Israel’s just war against Hamas. As Israel turns to fighting Hamas in southern Gaza, the Biden administration should allow Israel to destroy Hamas. But instead, this administration continues to hamstring the US’ greatest ally in the region.
Good Riddance to UNRWA as it Supports Hamas
Follow Steve Postal: @HebraicMosaic
The head of UNRWA recently accused Israel of waging an “expanded, concerted campaign” to destroy the UN agency. The leader of UNRWA does have a cause for concern, as Israel’s Defense Minister Yoav Gallant stated that UNRWA has “lost legitimacy and can no longer function as a UN body.” UN Watch’s Hillel Neuer stated that “The rot is systemic, and that’s why we’re holding a conference…to replace UNRWA.” And now Congressional Republicans are probing the Biden administration’s decision to restore US funding to UNRWA in 2021, following the Trump administration’s suspension of that funding in 2018.
Good riddance to UNRWA if it ends up folding under pressure; UNRWA and the UN are Hamas apologists at best, and facilitators at worst. For example, the UN’s Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator actually insisted that “Hamas is not a terrorist group for us,” but merely a “political movement.” And the UN’s Special Rapporteur on the Palestinian Territories, in a rejoinder to the French president calling the October 7 attack “the largest anti-Semitic massacre of our century,” stated that “No, Mr. Macron. The victims of [the October 7 attack] were not killed because of their Judaism, but in response to Israel’s oppression.”
UNRWA Employees Provide Material Support to Hamas, PIJ
Israeli Defense Minister Galant has named 12 specific UNRWA employees who “actively participated” in Hamas’ October 7 attack on Israel, and also stated that Israel has “significant indications based on intelligence” that implicates “over 30” additional UNRWA employees. Gallant stated that of UNRWA’s 13,000 staff in Gaza, “1,468 workers are known to be active in Hamas and PIJ, 185 UNRWA workers are active in the military branches of Hamas and 51 are active in the PIJ military branch.”
Additional to those numbers are the 30 UNRWA teachers known to have celebrated the October 7 attacks on a UNRWA Telegram group that had 3,000 members.
Hamas’ “Data Center” Found Underneath UNRWA Headquarters
Israel also found a Hamas “data center” under UNRWA’s headquarters in Gaza, equipped with an electrical room, computer servers and rooms where Hamas operatives could work and sleep, and that there were power lines connecting UNRWA’s headquarters to this data center. And surprise, some of the equipment found was made in Iran and China. Interestingly, while the Hamas “data center” contained electronics, a server room in the above-ground UNRWA headquarters had most of its electronics missing, which appears to be indicative of “actions of someone who knew the army was coming and wanted to hide the evidence,” according to Col. Benny Aharon of Israel’s 401st Armored Brigade. After the head of UNRWA denied that UNRWA knew of this data center ahead of time, Israel’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) tweeted “Oh, you knew,” and stated that Israel had warned UN officials about the data center but those officials chose to ignore those warnings.
Additional Evidence of Strong UNRWA/Hamas Partnership
Additionally, UN Watch cited instances of UNRWA/Hamas synergy, including that Israel found:
- At the UNRWA headquarters above ground, weapons and “documents that indicated that the same offices were also used by Hamas”;
- UNRWA aid bags in Yahya Sinwar’s bunker;
- UNRWA concrete in Hamas’ tunnels that housed hostages;
- Missiles and rockets under UNRWA equipment;
- That Hamas stashed ammunition, explosives, and weapons in UNRWA bags, and that Hamas also had UN vests;
- That Hamas stored weapons in and fired weapons from a UNRWA school; and
- That Hamas’ “Ministry of Health” stole 24,000 gallons of fuel from UNRWA.
And to further emphasize the scope of how seriously UNRWA is compromised by Hamas, every single UNRWA “site, school, mosque, [and] kindergarten” that Israel has inspected had weapons, according to Israel’s commander of the 646th Reserve Paratroopers Brigade.
Calls to preserve UNRWA merely deflect away from the “systemic” “rot” found in the organization. Israel should make sure that UNRWA does not operate in any post-war Gaza, as the organization compromises the security of the Jewish state.
Middle East7 days ago
U.N. Report: Al-Qaeda resurgence happening in Afghanistan under Taliban
Economy6 days ago
Michigan asks residents to house migrants, enroll children in school and help adults find employment
International6 days ago
Report: North Korean ballistic missile fired by Russia into Ukraine contained components sourced from U.S.
Middle East7 days ago
Upcoming book reveals Biden doesn’t believe any mistakes were made in disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal