Connect with us

China

U.S. oil was sent to the Chinese gas giant Hunter Biden’s firm previously ‘bought a $1.7 billion stake’

Published

on

joe biden and hunter biden

On Wednesday of last week Reuters revealed the bombshell that of the oil from the U.S. emergency reserves that President Joe Biden promised were to “ease the pain that families are feeling” in the United States, more than 5 million barrels of oil were sent overseas. Part of that release from the nation’s Strategic Petroleum Reserves (SPR) was sent to China. The Chinese recipient of that oil has ties to President Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

On Thursday, the Washington Free Beacon published specific details: “The Biden administration sold roughly one million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to a Chinese state-controlled gas giant that continues to purchase Russian oil, a move the Energy Department said would ‘support American consumers’ and combat ‘Putin’s price hike.’”

The Chinese state-controlled gas giant, together with the President’s son, have engaged in “years of potentially criminal business activity embroiling the Biden White House in scandal since the 2020 campaign” reports The Federalist.

The Federalist writes:

“Biden’s Energy Department in April announced the sale of 950,000 Strategic Petroleum Reserve barrels to Unipec, the trading arm of the China Petrochemical Corporation. That company, which is commonly known as Sinopec, is wholly owned by the Chinese government.”

 Sinopec is also tied to Hunter Biden, whose private equity firm, BHR Partners, bought a $1.7 billion stake in the company seven years ago.

Hunter Biden’s lawyer told the New York Times in November that the president’s son, “no longer holds any interest, directly or indirectly, in either BHR or Skaneateles.”

According to the Washington Examiner, however, Hunter Biden remained listed as a part-owner of the firm as late as March.

“Business records from China’s National Credit Information Publicity System accessed Tuesday continue to identify Skaneateles as a 10% owner in BHR, and Washington, D.C., business records continue to list Biden as the only beneficial owner of Skaneateles,” the paper reported. “The White House has routinely deflected questions about Biden’s business dealings to his attorneys, who have remained largely mum.”

“It’s possible that China’s business registry hasn’t yet been updated to reflect a potential transfer or sale of Skaneateles’s 10% stake in BHR to another party,” the Examiner added.

Biden’s Energy Department has thus far refused compliance with requests under the Freedom of Information Act probing the administration’s improper use of the nation’s strategic oil reserves maintained for emergencies.

“Last week, the Functional Government Initiative, a nonprofit government watchdog, filed a lawsuit to compel records concerning administration officials’ decision to tap the oil reserves in the absence of a sudden disruption in supply such as a hurricane or cyberattack” reports The Federalist.

Equally infuriating, “by the end of Biden’s latest release from the emergency stockpile, the president will have depleted 260 million barrels from the nation’s reserves” adds The Federalist. “In May, the Department of Energy announced efforts to replenish only 60 million barrels of what’s been released, despite an authorized storage capacity of 714 million barrels. The Energy Information Administration reported that just more than 492,000 barrels remained in storage on July 1, exactly one month into the six-month hurricane season.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Immigration

DOJ federal indictment connects Sinaloa Cartel and Chinese ‘underground banking’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2019 06 24 at 5.32.38 PM

The Justice Department (DOJ) announced a huge connection between Chinese organized crime and the Sinaloa drug cartel. In a press release the DOJ reported a 10-count superseding indictment charging Los Angeles-based associates of Mexico’s Sinaloa drug cartel with conspiring with money-laundering groups linked to Chinese underground banking to launder drug trafficking proceeds. During the conspiracy, more than $50 million in drug proceeds flowed between the Sinaloa Cartel associates and Chinese underground money exchanges.”

The indictment was the result of a multi-year investigation into the conspiracy—dubbed “Operation Fortune Runner”— unsealed on Monday charging a total of 24 defendants with one count of conspiracy to aid and abet the distribution of cocaine and methamphetamine, one count of conspiracy to launder monetary instruments, and one count of conspiracy to operate an unlicensed money transmitting business, according to the press release.

“Dangerous drugs like fentanyl and methamphetamine are destroying people’s lives but drug traffickers only care about their profits,” said United States Attorney Martin Estrada. “To protect our community, therefore, it is essential that we go after the sophisticated, international criminal syndicates that launder the drug money. As this indictment and our international actions show, we will be dogged in our pursuit of all those who facilitate destruction in our country and make sure they are held accountable for their actions.”

“Drug traffickers generate immense amounts of cash through their illicit operations. This case is a prime example of Chinese money launderers working hand in hand with drug traffickers to try to legitimize profits generated by drug activities,” said Chief Guy Ficco of IRS Criminal Investigation. “We have made it a priority to identify, disrupt, and dismantle any money launderers working with drug cartels and we are committed to our partnerships with federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies to combat drug cartels and those who assist them in laundering drug proceeds.”

The Justice.Gov website explains of the indictment: “Following close coordination with the Justice Department, Chinese and Mexican law enforcement informed United States authorities that those countries recently arrested fugitives named in the superseding indictment who fled the United States after they were initially charged last year.”

Continue Reading

Trending