Connect with us

Nation

50-Foot Christmas Tree Outside Fox News Set on Fire by 49yr Old Homeless Man

Published

on

Just before 12:15 am Wednesday morning, an arsonist set fire to the 50-foot tree in front of Fox News’ Midtown headquarters on 6th avenue. The suspect, a 49-year-old with three prior arrests, was quickly caught and taken into custody.

The man has two previous arrests for drug possession and one for public intoxication. The motive is unclear, and Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said detectives are looking into whether mental illness was a factor.

Christmas Tree

The suspect accused of setting the News Corp. Christmas tree on fire is taken into custody by the NYPD.

“The suspect is identified as 49-year-old Craig Tamanaha, who is homeless, with a last known address in Brooklyn” reports ABC 7 New York. Police said the suspect climbed up “the metal superstructure” underneath the artificial tree and lit papers he had brought with him on fire, then shoved the papers into the tree structure.

He then climbed down and watched from the street level as it burned, and he was spotted by building security who pointed the man out to police officers posted in nearby Rockefeller Center,” reports ABC.

A lighter was found in his possession, and he has been charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, arson, criminal nuisance, endangering others, criminal trespass, criminal tampering and disorderly conduct.

Fox says it will rebuild the tree, which took more than 21 hours to assemble and consisted of 10,000 glass ornaments and 100,000 lights.

You may like

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Samuel

    December 8, 2021 at 10:53 am

    Maybe the replacement tree will sport a traditional white star instead of the red one that seemed more at home in Beijeng or Moscow!

  2. James Young

    December 8, 2021 at 11:42 am

    Hope they get to who paid him to do it, probably a competing media outlet that is getting their lunch handed to them by FOX, there has been one in the news lately

    • Omegas Insanity

      December 8, 2021 at 7:40 pm

      Doubtful. Lately in the city, people have been doing strange and criminal things for seemingly no other reason than they felt like it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Immigration

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich Fights Back DOJ Challenging Legal Citizenship Voter Law

Published

on

department of justice building

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich wrote a letter to the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division with one clear message: ‘We’ll see you in court.’

Biden’s DOJ is challenging an Arizona law aimed to protect its citizens by ensuring only citizens can vote in elections.

Brnovich makes mention of a letter he received from Kristen Clarke, Assistant Attorney General, dated June 27, 2022 “expressing your intent to challenge HB 2492, Arizona’s law that assures only citizens are able to vote in our elections.”

“Please be assured that I will defend this law to the U.S. Supreme our if necessary and defeat the federal government’s efforts to interfere with our state’s election safeguards, as I did last year in Brnovich v. DNC” the letter continued.

“It is curious, however, that the Department of Justice would use its resources to challenge a common sense law inn Arizona designed to guard against non-citizen voting, while the Biden Administration nis simultaneously opening our borders to encourage a flood of illegal immigration.”

“Is the federal government attempting to undermine our sovereignty and destabilize our election infrastructure?” Brnovich asks. “I hope that is not your intention.” The Arizona Attorney General concludes his letter by writing “I strongly urge you to reconsider your pursuit of this misguided suit and to instead recognize Arizona’s constitutional authority to conduct lawful and secure elections.”

 

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC