Connect with us

Immigration

23 People on Terrorist Watchlist Apprehended at Southern Border in 2021

Published

on

CBP

In just the 2022 fiscal year so far, over 1 million migrant encounters have occurred at the Southern border. Republican leadership as well as local political in border states demand the Biden administration impose greater scrutiny as to who is allowed across our borders.

In 2021, Border Patrol apprehended at least 23 individuals who were listed on the terror watchlist in 2021. The data, released by the Customs and Border Protection (CBP), notes that between January 20, and December 27 of 2021, there were 23 encounters with individuals whose names matched on the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB).

Fox News submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in December in order to unearth the information from the CBP. Fox News reports that of the 23 suspects, “four were in the Rio Grande Valley Sector, 4 in Del Rio Sector, 3 in El Paso Sector, 2 in Tucson Sector, 2 in Yuma Sector, 4 in El Centro Sector and 4 in San Diego Sector.”

Unfortunately, the terrifying information is not completely unknown, and the Biden administration continues to push back. Republican Representatives James Comer and John Katko, who serve as ranking members on the Oversight and Homeland Security committees wrote to Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas of the Department of Homeland Security last month addressing the grave concern.

Republican lawmakers consistently call upon the Biden administration to publicly release the number of those encountered at the border. “Reporting indicates that multiple individuals with terrorist ties have been recently apprehended after illegally crossing the border, and that such encounters may be increasing,” wrote Reps. Comer and Katko.

“The American people deserve to know whether President Biden’s weak border policies are allowing terrorists to enter our homeland,” they said. Back in October, former Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott repeatedly tried to alert the Biden administration on the amount of terror watchlist suspects that were crossing into the United states.

Scott said the levels of TSDBs are “at a level we have never seen before” and told Fox News’ Bret Baier “we have terrorist threats we can’t get into in this type of a forum but they are real.”

You may like

Continue Reading
5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. Stephane

    April 18, 2022 at 4:46 pm

    And how many were not apprehended?

  2. MicMac69

    April 19, 2022 at 9:35 am

    No problem… they’ll be released in the nature on the simple promise to appear before a court… sometime in the future… which of course they’ll never do…

  3. DJ

    April 19, 2022 at 10:12 am

    How about telling what happened to those people instead of their just being CAUGHT! Tell us of the
    ones that “slipped through” and our killing and destroying American while Biden is lost at the mic and
    can’t find himself off a platform…We already know what a failure Biden and his “devoted wife” are
    to our nation. They have no shame…only count the money coming in from “Hunter” who fills their
    accounts…and nothing is being done! Jimmy Carter looks better and better every day…bet he is
    counting his blessings…the fine Christian he was..

  4. Rich

    April 20, 2022 at 11:06 am

    Really like to know where these terrorists went after apprehension. Did the Biden flunkies just release them back into the US like so many others?

  5. Harry Edmunds

    April 20, 2022 at 5:55 pm

    10 times that many were probably in the “gotaways” category! Just part of the DemocRAT’s plan to destroy America!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Immigration

IG Audit shows nonprofit wasted $17 million taxpayer dollars on hotels to not house illegal foreign nationals

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 08 10 at 11.34.49 PM

An audit report by the Inspector General shows enraging information as to exactly how millions of dollars from the American people were completely wasted.

One doesn’t need to read past the IG report’s headline to become furious: “ICE Spent Funds on Unused Beds, Missed COVID-19 Protocols and Detention Standards while Housing Migrant Families in Hotels.”

In summary, an unbelievable $17 million was wasted on not housing illegal foreign nationals. At the heart of the story is Endeavors, a nonprofit which has received half a billion dollars in taxpayer money “through no-bid government contracts to house foreign nationals who illegally entered the U.S. and were released by the Biden administration instead of being deported” reports The Center Square.

The audit evaluated the process used by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to grant no bid contracts to Endeavors and their compliance with federal law, the article explains.

The report evaluated an $86.9 million sole source contract first awarded to Endeavors earlier this year. The contract was awarded for six months to provide “temporary shelter and processing services for families who have not been expelled and are therefore placed in immigration proceedings for their removal from the United States,” The Center Square previously reported.

Months after it received its first no bid contract, Endeavors received a second $530 million contract and hired former Biden administration official Andrew Lorenzen-Straight as its senior director for migrant services and federal affairs, Axios reported.

The Center Square explains:

Sole source contracts are used when an agency can demonstrate the contract meets specific and justified criteria. If contracts don’t meet one of the criteria, they must be awarded through an open competitive process.

Endeavors has no professional history of providing housing services and has never provided beds or all-inclusive emergency family residential services, OIG auditors found. Those critical of DHS’ contract process argue the agency should be awarding contracts through an open competitive process to ensure that those bidding for funds can offer the services they claim they can provide.

Under the contract in question, for six months between March and September 2021, Endeavors was responsible for providing 1,239 beds and other necessary services in hotels. It used six hotels and repurposed them as Emergency Family Reception Sites to accommodate families staying less than three days while ICE considered conditions of release, including alternatives to detention.

The IOG made four recommendations for ICE to improve its contracting and oversight of hotel facility management and operations. “ICE concurred with one recommendation and didn’t concur with three. Based on information ICE provided in its response, the IOG said it considered one recommendation resolved and closed, and three recommendations administratively closed.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC