1 Million Tickets Requested: VP Pence Lists COVID19 Safety Precautions For Upcoming Rally
As President Donald Trump prepares for his first major presidential election rally Saturday in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Vice President Mike Pence listed the safety precautions that would be taken against the spread of COVID19 on Fox News Tuesday morning.
Pence, who noted the extraordinary response to the rally by the public and the massive sell out of tickets, said that masks and hand sanitizer will be made available to those attending the rally. He also said that people will receive temperature checks prior to entering the facility.
“We chose the state of Oklahoma for really two reasons, number one because it really is time Ainsely for us to begin this campaign,” said Pence, who was speaking to Fox & Friends’ cohost, Ainsley Earhardt.
“The president wants to be out, he wants to begin this campaign, he wants to be connecting to our supporters and he just indicated that literally over a million people signed up to try and obtain an opportunity to try and attend the rally,” he added.
Pence noted that he has been working with Gov. Kevin Stitt closely on security procedures.
According to the Associated Press, Stitt has asked the campaign to consider a larger, outdoor venue to accommodate the more than 1 million requests for tickets for the event.
In fact, some Trump supporters have already started waiting in line outside the 19,000-seat BOK Center in downtown Tulsa and Stitt told reporters Monday that “we’re excited we’re being recognized as one of the first states to safely and measurably reopen. I’m looking for a potential other venue that maybe we could move it outside. It’s still kind of in the works.”
You may like
BREAKING: Federal Indictment of Trump in Classified Documents Probe has been Unsealed
Former President and current Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, has been indicted and is facing 37 counts in connection with his alleged mishandling of classified documents. The 49-page document was unsealed Friday.
The indictment contains charges of the following: Willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheme to conceal, and making false statements and representations.
Trump announced the indictment Thursday night on Truth Social, his social media platform:
“The corrupt Biden Administration has informed my attorneys that I have been Indicted, seemingly over the Boxes Hoax, even though Joe Biden has 1850 Boxes at the University of Delaware, additional Boxes in Chinatown, D.C., with even more Boxes at the University of Pennsylvania, and documents strewn all over his garage floor where he parks his Corvette, and which is ‘secured’ by only a garage door that is paper thin, and open much of the time.”
Trump declared himself an “INNOCENT MAN” and the subject of the “Greatest Witch Hunt of all time.” The Biden administration, he claimed, is ‘TOTALLY CORRUPT.”
The former president has argued that all the documents in question were declassified when he left the White House. “You’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified, even by thinking about it,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity in an interview last year.
Trump was on to Biden's deep corruption re Ukraine and wanted it investigated, so they impeached him.
Now that many of Biden's crimes are being exposed, naturally they're going to indict Trump again.
— Monica Crowley (@MonicaCrowley) June 8, 2023
You may like
Economy4 days ago
New York City Mayor Eric Adams Proposes Housing Asylum Seekers in Private Homes
Economy5 days ago
Texas Gov Abbott aims to eliminate property taxes: ‘we must dream big’
Immigration4 days ago
Biden Administration to allow 40,000 asylum-seekers per month into US with mobile app
International3 days ago
Saudi Arabia-Israel Deal Remains Biden’s Win to Lose